Aims & Objectives
This Lean Six Sigma Training course is aimed at those new to the world of Six Sigma who have a role, interest, or need to develop foundational knowledge.
The objective is to understand the most effective tools and techniques you need to be a top performer who is competent to lead a six-sigma project within your organization by cutting through all the hype and jargon that surrounds these approaches.
A specific objective is to develop key individuals with the necessary skills to implement, sustain, and visibly lead improvement projects or support large scale strategic efforts under the direction of a Six Sigma Master Black Belt.
By completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand what is six-sigma
- Be familiar with the roles of Champion, Black Belt, Green Belt, etc.
- Understand the DMAIC methodology to business process improvement.
- Be able to identify meaningful improvement projects
- Be able to establish and utilize appropriate metrics
- Have the ability to select and apply appropriate tools and techniques
- Understand the concepts of Six Sigma and their application to process improvement.
- Practice the use of the basic problem-solving tools used in a Six Sigma project.
This course is intended for anyone in the organisation intending to participate on Six Sigma projects or progressing to Six Sigma Green Belt and Black Belt levels. It is designed for individuals from diverse organizational functions-operations, quality, logistics, finance, production, engineering and other staff functions.
This course is for you if you have the appropriate prerequisites mentioned below and the desire to lead teams using the DMAIC methodology and advanced statistical tools. Personnel from all organisational functions, who will be involved in management specially engineering & consulting personnel. Special interest for Top Management (Company Executives MD’s & CEO’s).
Who else Should Attend:
- Quality Managers & Practitioners
- Excellence Practitioners
- QSHE Practitioner
- Project Managers
- Continuous Improvement Practitioner
- Strategic Planning & Process Professionals
- Human Resource Professionals,
- Bid & proposal professionals
- Engineering Practitioners
- Supervisors or Management Practitioner
- The sessions are presented remotely online by the instructor, as live PowerPoint presentations as well as demonstrations that are explained while keeping delegates engaged via real-life examples, data and topic discussions.
- The Course is workshop based, highly interactive and will involve group throughout the length of the course.
- Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively in relating previous work experiences.
- The use of Flip boards and charts will be used to demonstrate key points.
- Flip-charts, group workshops and reporting back sessions will encourage a full participation and enjoyment
- Real Life Cases and situations within their environment will be used for group work to make the learning real.
- Approximately 50% of time will be spent on case studies and group work to ensure delegates understand the ideas and are able to apply them.
- Case studies will be analysed and discussed to ensure that learning is effective and delegates are able to apply the learning within their organisations.
- Delegates will also be given quizzes to solidify their knowledge and will be supplied with customized course materials.
- Ability to go in and out of the training at your convenience
- You have the ability to register and practice with our online Demo products
- Clear screen shots of the activities and actions being discussed
- Voice over with some slides where appropriate
- There are quizzes to solidify the knowledge and are embedded with course materials.
All students will be supplied with customized course materials. You are able to download the course material for online courses
The above Course lays the foundation for the more advanced Lean Six Sigma courses such as Yellow Belt, Green Belt & Black Belt
This course provides delegates with a brief overview of the following Lean Six Sigma fundamental elements that are the essential factors that affect company growth. They are the key that ensure company’s continued success for continuing to be a market leader.
- Introduction to the workshop
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Roles in Six Sigma such as Champion, Belts, etc.
- Overview of DMAIC process
- Process Capability & Statistical Definitions
- Six Sigma Breakthrough Strategy, Measures & Benefits
- Identifying, Selection and Management of meaningful improvement projects
- Competence to lead a six-sigma project within their organisation.
- Complete team exercises to aid in the learning and application of Six Sigma tools
- Learn the discipline and critical thought required to practice Six Sigma methodologies
- Identify methods to critique your own (and your peers') work to continually improve People, Quality, Delivery and Cost outputs
- Participate in the development of a successful Six Sigma course
- Contribute to the definition of project selection criteria and develop project proposals to meet those criteria
- Explain Six Sigma philosophies and principles, including supporting systems and tools.
- Should be able to demonstrate team leadership, understand team dynamics and assign team member roles and responsibilities.
- Have a thorough understanding of all aspects of the DMAIC model in accordance with Six Sigma principles.
- Have basic knowledge of Lean enterprise concepts, are able to identify non-value-added elements and activities and are able to use specific tools
The above Programme lays the foundation for the more advanced Six Sigma courses below:
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt (5 Days)
- Six Sigma Green Belt (10 Days)
- Six Sigma Black Belt (22 Days)
The course will commence at 09:00 each day and continue until 16:00. There will be two refreshment breaks and lunch at appropriate intervals as follows:
- 1st break: 15 mins
- 2nd break: 15 mins
- Lunch: 1 hour