Aims & Objectives
- Provide an understanding of the Leadership & Management Principles
- Explain the Difference between Leadership & Management
- Show elements associated with a good Manager and a good Leader
- Working your way towards being a leader
- Skills that must be gained on the road to being a leader
- Management Techniques, styles and Tools
- Visionary Leadership approach
- Engineering Practitioners
- Excellence Practitioners
- Company Executives
- Project Managers
- Supervisors or Management Practitioner
- Continuous Improvement Practitioner
- The training session are presented Face-to-Face as PowerPoint presentation that are explained by the instructor, while keeping delegates engaged via real-life examples and topic discussions.
- This Program will be workshop based, highly interactive and will involve group throughout the 5 days. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively in relating previous work experiences.
- The use of Flip boards and charts will be used to demonstrate key points. flip-charts, group workshops and reporting back sessions will encourage a full participation and enjoyment
- Real Life Cases and situations within their environment will be used for group work to make the learning real. Approximately 50% of time will be spent on case studies and group work to ensure delegates understand the ideas and are able to apply them.
- Case studies will be analysed and discussed to ensure that learning is effective and delegates are able to apply the learning within their organisations.
- Delegates will also be given quizzes to solidify their knowledge and will be supplied with customized course materials.
- Introduction to the workshop
- Outlining and setting goals and objectives
- Leadership Planning for Success
- Leadership Communication Skills
- Leadership Motivating Skills for Yourself & Your Teams
- General Management Concepts and Challenges
- Managing Disputes & Conflict Resolution
- Staff Motivation
- Team Working
- Skills of a Distinguished Leader
- Promoting Scientific Thinking
- Excellence in performance
- Enterprise Measurement Standards
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Breaks as follows:
- 1st break (Morning): 15 mins
- 2nd break (Afternoon): 15 mins
- Lunch: 1 hour